Sunday, February 10, 2013

40.5 to 29%

Yesterday morning I met with my trainer Alicia to map out my next 90 days. I was excited, nervous, ambitious, and happy in the 30 minutes we spoke. Something happened that I didn't expect this early on... frustration. I need to the make this investment & commitment not only for myself but for you guys. I struggled yesterday with the investment side. There are a few tests I need to take to help me get to the next level of my journey. One is $225- a 96 point allergy test which pin points 96 food Categories that will help me know what I should & should not eat. Not because "i don't want to" but because my body is allergic to them. I already know a few, broccoli, dairy, solid cheese, almonds...but I struggled with paying for it. Why? I have the money but I'm frustrated that this isn't covered under insurance. So i'm going to investigate. This could help a lot of people & be preventive for other long term issues. So I'm making a list of things like this that I will take to our legislature to put pressure on the big bad insurance companies. ..
Didn't expect for that to happen. But since it will slow my own success, I will cough up the $225. I want this so bad. The 2nd is meeting with a RD registered dietitian.... Well they aren't cheap either!!! $99/ hour. I need at least 2 sessions a month. So I need to get real crafty with my spending because this is so important to me & my health. Ill do that too. I am going to wait on the RD until after I get the test so I can bring my results to her.

As a woman... Wait, let me start that again because this applies to men too. As an American citizen, we brainwashed to believe our "lbs" on the scale are equivalent to what we should Measure our success. Hence, my initial goal of 15% weight loss, 28 lbs. but as you know muscle weighs more than fat & Since I'm heavy lifting and want to burn fat, my trainer Alicia suggested focus less on the number on the scale and focus more on over all body fat. Currently I am 40.5 aka OBESE. (lol) that word just really echoes in my ear... My goal is 29%! I will need to drop 3.8% per month, or 1% per week.

STARTING WEIGHT: 187.2 lbs / 40.5 % BF

Here is how I will do it!!!!!!
Food:
80 % of my success with come from my raw organic vegetarian diet. I will journal with you my diet & costs weekly.
Daily goals:
•• food journal every meal
Alcohol, dairy free
Under 50 g carbs daily
Under 20g sugar daily (or less)
Avoid gluten, simple carbs, white sugar, any processed food
Unlimited organic greens
1 cup of raw spinach everyday
100 oz spring h2o
Detox one week every month
Finish with a two week liquid detox

The FUN stuff in my lulu aka EXERCISE:
MONDAY: 6-7 pm TEAM fitness -- cardio interval, 10 mins sauna
TUESDAY: 6 am legs & abs & 6-7 pm, try it (mix of cycle, yoga, fitness, weights)
WEDNESDAY: 6-7 pm TEAM Fitness --Free motion lifting, 10 mins sauna
THURSDAY: 6-7 pm TEAM Fitness -- bootcamp
FRIDAY: REST DAY!!! or optional slow burn or hot yoga
SATURDAY: Personal training with Alicia-- total body (HELL!!!!)
SUNDAY: Distance run (3-7 miles)


..... So there it is!!!!!! This may be a bit overwhelming for some & i worked a year to get to the point of working out consistently but as one of my good friends KG told me, it will become addicting & life changing. So far it has & I can't wait for what this journey will bring.

Thank you to those who Watch me on Facebook as I check in to Lifetime at every workout & those that Like my statuses and help keep me going!!

Are you ready???!!! I AM!!!!!! I can't wait you guys.

Thanks for all the support, the private messages, the prays, the kind words, the acknowledgment... BUT MOSTLY THE BELIEF. I love it & appreciate it all.

When I when the $10,000 I will have a big party & invite you all. Even if I don't win I'm still having a big party lol. Hope you'll come, SAVE THE DATE FOR MAY 11th. Ill be ready for a glass of wine!!!

Xoxo,
Ms Green Pea





3 comments:

  1. You are so brave to post your pics!!! I have mine but only Kristin has seen my day one on Aug 17, 2011. I was 221 pounds at 42% body fat. Keep up the great work!!! I am starting at 188.5 and 30% for day 1 of the 90 day challenge....right there with ya sista!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine,

    I'm so anxious to watch you succeed! You are going to do great and look amazing in the end! It looks like you have a great plan made and are committed to doing this! You are awesome...rock this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to rock this! Lots of good vibes headed your way :)

    ReplyDelete